Mothlite - Dark Age album FLAC
With their debut album, The Flax Of Reverie, Mothlite reflect both the form and process of Brakhage?s work, propelling listeners down the rabbit hole into a world of wilderness and wyrd that is at once English and entirely other. This project so far has one release to it's name: The 2008 production The Flax Of Reverie. There isn't much to say about this album. Mothlite's sophomore effort is, well, dark. Dark Age" is certainly dreary and very electronic. However, there isn't actually a whole lot going on here. The album has some very good bits throughout its eleven tracks. That's the strange thing here: I can't really pick out an excellent track because most of the tracks have brilliant portions, but then the rest of the track will be average. It's a weird predicament.
Dark Age, the follow-up to 2008's The Flax Of Reverie, was rated as one of the top 50 albums of 2012 by The Quietus, who described it as, 'a startling, frank examination of the human (and perhaps especially male) condition delivered via synth bombast and towering choruses' . Mothlite is the brainchild of Daniel O’Sullivan (Ulver, Æthenor, Miracle,Grumbling Fur) and the single is taken from Dark Age, the band's second album which was released earlier this year on Kscope.
Licensed To – Kscope. Artwork – Ian Johnstone (2). Bass Guitar – Christos Fanaras (tracks: 3, 6). Cello – Alexander Tucker (tracks: 4). Design – Stephen O'Malley.
|3||Seeing In The Dark||3:59|
|5||Something In The Sky||3:18|
- Recorded At – Eastcote Studios
- Recorded At – Conrad House
- Recorded At – Golden Hum Studios
- Recorded At – Tower Gardens
- Recorded At – Crystal Canyon Studios
- Mastered At – Orgone Studios
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mothlite
- Copyright (c) – Mothlite
- Licensed To – Kscope
- Artwork – Ian Johnstone
- Bass Guitar – Christos Fanaras (tracks: 3, 6)
- Cello – Alexander Tucker (tracks: 4)
- Design – Stephen O'Malley
- Drums, Percussion – Benjamin Dawson (tracks: 2, 4, 5, 7, 8), Jamie Gomez Arrellano* (tracks: 3, 6, 11)
- Engineer [Eastcote] – Antti Uusimaki
- Engineer [Golden Hum] – Daniel Lea
- Engineer [Kristoffer Rygg's Voice] – Tore Ylvisaker*
- Mastered By – Jamie Gomez Arrellano*
- Mixed By – Daniel O'Sullivan, Knut Jonas Sellevold
- Photography By – Ian Johnstone
- Producer – Daniel O'Sullivan, Knut Jonas Sellevold
- Programmed By – Antii Uusimaki* (tracks: 6)
- Synthesizer – Antti Uusimaki (tracks: 3)
- Violin – Frances May Morgan (tracks: 9)
- Vocals – Kristoffer Rygg (tracks: 6), Linn Carin Dirdal (tracks: 3)
NotesRecorded in Eastcote Studios, Templeton, Conrad House, Golden Hum and Tower Gardens, London.
Kristoffer Rygg's voice was recorded in Crystal Canyon Studios, Oslo.
Digipak with 16 page lyric booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 802644820828
|KSCOPE823||Mothlite||Dark Age (LP, Album + 7", Single, Ltd)||Kscope||KSCOPE823||UK||2012|
|kscope207p||Mothlite||Dark Age (CDr, Album, Promo)||Kscope||kscope207p||UK||2012|
|KSCOPE823||Mothlite||Dark Age (LP, Album)||Kscope||KSCOPE823||UK||2012|