Steve Reich - Music For 18 Musicians album FLAC
Music for 18 Musicians is approximately 55 minutes long. The first sketches were made for it in May 1974 and it was completed in March 1976. Although its steady pulse and rhythmic energy relate to many of my earlier works, its instrumentation, structure and harmony are new. As to instrumentation, Music for 18 Musicians is new in the number and distribution of instruments: violin, cello, 2 clarinets doubling bass clarinet, 4 women's voices, 4 pianos, 3 marimbas, 2 xylophones and metallophone (vibraphone with no motor). All instruments are acoustical .
Music For 18 Musicians. By: Steve Reich (1978, Classical). More albums from Steve Reich: If You Break My Heart by Steve Reich. Three Dances & Four Organs by Steve Reich. Six Pianos, Music For Mallet Instruments, Voices And Organ by Steve Reich. Four Organs, Phase Patterns by Steve Reich. Early Works by Steve Reich. Octet, Music For A Large Ensemble, Violin Phase by Steve Reich. Minimalist by Steve Reich. New Sounds In Electronic Music (Come Out, Night Music, I Of IV) by Steve Reich. View all albums . Music For 18 Musicians. 1. Pulse – Sections I – IV.
Steve Reich and Musicians Music for 18 Musicians Section IIIA 03:55. Steve Reich and Musicians Music for 18 Musicians Section VI 04:54. Steve Reich and Musicians Music for 18 Musicians Pulses II 06:10. Steve Reich and Musicians Music for 18 Musicians Section X 01:50. Steve Reich and Musicians Music for 18 Musicians Section IX 05:23. Steve Reich and Musicians Music for 18 Musicians Section V 06:48. Steve Reich and Musicians Music for 18 Musicians Section VIII 03:34. Steve Reich and Musicians Music for 18 Musicians Section IV 06:37
Music for 18 Musicians: I. Pulses. 2. Music for 18 Musicians: II.
|A||Pulse - Sections I - IV||26:55|
|B||Sections V - X - Pulse||32:00|
- Licensed From – Polydor International GmbH
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – ECM Records GmbH
- Copyright (c) – Steve Reich
- Artwork [Cover Drawing] – Beryl Korot
- Cello – Ken Ishii
- Clarinet, Bass Clarinet – Richard Cohen, Virgil Blackwell
- Composed By, Liner Notes – Steve Reich
- Design – Paula Bisacca
- Engineer [Recording] – Klaus Hiemann
- Marimba, Maracas – Gary Schall
- Marimba, Xylophone – Bob Becker, Glen Velez, Russ Hartenberger
- Marimba, Xylophone, Piano – David Van Tieghem
- Mixed By – Rudolph Werner*, Klaus Hiemann, Steve Reich
- Percussion [Metallophone], Piano – James Preiss
- Performer – Steve Reich and Musicians
- Piano – Nurit Tilles, Steve Chambers
- Piano, Maracas – Larry Karush
- Piano, Marimba – Steve Reich
- Producer, Recording Supervisor – Rudolph Werner*
- Violin – Shem Guibbory
- Voice – Elizabeth Arnold, Pamela Fraley, Rebecca Armstrong
- Voice, Piano – Jay Clayton
NotesThe World Premiere was presented April 1976 at Town Hall, NYC, the European Premiere, October 1976 at the Metamusik Festival, Berlin.
Cover Drawing: "Weaver's Notation"
℗ 1978 ECM Records GmbH
Manufactured under license from Polydor International GmbH
© 1978 Steve Reich
Includes inserts with Japanese liner notes and ECM discography.
|ECM 1-1129||Steve Reich||Music For 18 Musicians (LP, Album)||ECM Records||ECM 1-1129||US||1978|
|ECM 1129, 2301 129||Steve Reich||Music For 18 Musicians (LP, Album)||ECM Records, ECM Records||ECM 1129, 2301 129||Germany||1978|
|none||Steve Reich||Music For 18 Musicians (File, FLAC, Album, RE)||ECM New Series||none||Europe||Unknown|
|8-918||Steve Reich||Music For 18 Musicians (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, Unofficial)||ArsNova||8-918||Russia||Unknown|
|UCCE-9505||Steve Reich||Music For 18 Musicians (CD, Album, RM, SHM)||ECM Records||UCCE-9505||Japan||2008|