The Chills - Soft Bomb album FLAC
Band Name The Chills. Album Name Soft Bomb. Labels Slash Records. Music StyleIndie Rock. Members owning this album0. 1. The Male Monster From The Id. 2. Background Affair. 5. There Is No Harm In Trying. 7. Soft Bomb II. 8. So Long. 9. Song For Randy Newman Etc.
Indie Rock The Chills. Band Name The Chills.
Marketed in France by Barclay & in Germany by Metronome Musik GmbH.
If you'd asked me at a concert standing by The Clean I'd have said I'm okay, and this is what I mean But now a little later a crisis has evolved Those ancient complications remaining unresolved. They say you have to give them what thy want Say you have to give them what they want Say you have to give them what they want Say you have to give them what they want I'm tearing all my hair out with my hands I'm tearing all my hair out with my hands I know what they will never. understand I know what they will never understand I didn't want to say that.
Phillipps announced the dissolution of the Chills after the Soft Bomb tour, and joined David Kilgour in a loosely organized covers band known as The Pop Art Toasters, which released a self-titled EP in 1994. Shortly thereafter, though, the 'Toasters dissolved, and Phillipps put together another Chills line-up and resumed gigging. This seemingly constant turnover of personnel is often cited as one of several reasons for the band's lack of consistent "saleability", and is referred to by the local music scene as "the curse of the Chills" . In 2004, an 8-song Chills mini-album called Stand By was issued, the first all-new Chills material in nine years. Phillipps' album liner notes promised: I am preparing to take the band in quite a new direction on the next album. And on that we will begin work shortly.
Features Song Lyrics for The Chills's Soft Bomb album. The Chills - Soft Bomb Album Lyrics. 3. Soft Bomb II Lyrics. 4. There Is No Harm in Trying Lyrics.
Watch the video for Soft Bomb from The Chills's Soft Bomb for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. The Chills are an indie pop band which formed in Dunedin, New Zealand in 1980. The band's only constant member has been singer/songwriter Martin Phillips (vocals, guitar). View full artist profile.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||The Male Monster From The Id||3:47|
|A5||There Is No Harm In Trying||0:39|
|A7||Soft Bomb II||1:02|
|A9||Song For Randy Newman Etc.||3:02|
|B5||There Is No Point In Trying||0:33|
Arranged By [Strings] – Van Dyke ParksBass – Ken WildCello – Larry CorbettConcertmaster – Syd Page*Harp – Gayle LevantViola – Hershel Wise*, Maria Newman, Rick GerdingViolin – Barbra Porter, Bern Garabedian*, Debra Price, Dimitrie Leivici, Izzy Baker*, Joel Derouin, Syd Page*
|B8||Soft Bomb III||1:08|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Slash Records
- Copyright (c) – Slash Records
- Licensed To – London Records 90 Ltd.
- Recorded At – Master Control, Burbank
- Mastered At – Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Accordion – Lisa Mednick
- Art Direction – Jeff Gold Design, Kim Champagne
- Backing Vocals – Gavin MacKillop, Lisa Mednick, Steve Schayer*, Terry Moore
- Bass, Programmed By [Keyboard Programming] – Terry Moore
- Drums, Percussion – Mauro Ruby
- Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar, Dobro, Acoustic Guitar, Violin – Peter Holsapple
- Keyboards – Gavin MacKillop, Lisa Mednick, Martin Phillipps, Peter Holsapple
- Lead Vocals, Guitar, Percussion ["Space-noise Hose" & "Stardust"] – Martin Phillipps
- Mastered By – Brian Gardner
- Photography By [Band Photos] – David Jensen
- Photography By [Cover Photo] – Teun Hocks
- Photography By [Orb Photo] – Shigeru Tanaka
- Producer [Assisted By], Recorded By [Assisted By], Mixed By [Assisted By] – Matt Pakucko
- Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Gavin MacKillop
- Written-By – Martin Phillipps
NotesProduced, recorded & mixed at Master Control Studios, Burbank, CA., winter '91-'92.
Strings on track 16 recorded at Capitol Studios, Hollywood, February 7, 1992.
Mastered at Bernie Grundman Mastering, California.
Made in Holland.
(P)1992 Slash Records (C)1992 Slash Records
Marketed in France by Barclay & in Germany by Metronome Musik GmbH
The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Slash Records & is exclusively licensed to London Records 90 Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 42282 83221 4
- Label Code: LC 7654
- Rights Society: BIEM/STEMRA
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): 828 322 1 S1=1 670 07 11
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): 828 322 1 S2=1 670 06 11
|828 322-2||The Chills||Soft Bomb (CD, Album)||Slash, London Records||828 322-2||Europe||1992|
|L30782||The Chills||Soft Bomb (LP, Album, Blu)||Slash, Liberation Records||L30782||Australia||1992|
|828 322-4||The Chills||Soft Bomb (Cass, Album)||Slash, London Records||828 322-4||Netherlands||1992|
|C30782||The Chills||Soft Bomb (Cass, Album)||Slash, Liberation Records||C30782||Australia||1992|
|9 26787-2||The Chills||Soft Bomb (CD, Album)||Slash, Reprise Records||9 26787-2||US||1992|