Portishead - Third album FLAC
Third is the third studio album by the English electronic band Portishead. It was first released on 28 April 2008 in the United Kingdom by Island Records and a day later in the United States by Mercury Records.
As radical reinventions go, Third- the first Portishead studio album since 1997- is surprisingly natural. As radical reinventions go, Third - the first Portishead studio album since 1997- is surprisingly natural. Darker and bleaker lyrically than their previous work, Third is a sort of re-debut- the band's sound after it has excised every possible remnant of trip-hop from it. Can an album really be a departure if it's the first thing a group's released in 11 years?
Third (Portishead Album).
Portishead's third album is initially more a record to admire than to love, its muscular synthesisers, drum breaks and abrupt endings keeping the tension high. But after several listens, Third's majesty unfurls. At heart, Third is an album full of contradictions.
Album: Portishead, Third (Island). Sunday 27 April 2008 00:00. Instead, 'Third' comes informed by the uncommercial music the trio have been listening to in the interim (namely avant-garde drone-rock).
Tracklist Hide Credits
Cello – Charlotte NichollsVoice [Spoken Intro] – Claudio Campos
Bassoon – Wendy Bertram
Clarinet – Team Brick
|B3||We Carry On||6:28|
Vocals [Additional] – Ben Salisbury, David Poore, Team Brick, The Somerfield Workers Choir
Electric Piano [Rhodes] – John BaggottHurdy Gurdy – Stu BarkerSaxophone – Will Gregory
Bass – Jim BarrCello – Charlotte NichollsDrums – Clive DeamerGuitar – Beth GibbonsSaxophone – Will Gregory
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Go! Discs Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Go! Discs Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Universal Music B.V.
- Copyright (c) – Universal Music B.V.
- Licensed To – Universal Music B.V.
- Record Company – Universal International Music B.V.
- Design – Marc Bessant
- Engineer – Adrian Utley, John Pickford, Rik Dowding, Stuart Matthews
- Mixed By – Craig Silvey, Geoff Barrow
- Photography By [Portishead Radio Station Photo C/o] – Larry Bennett
- Producer, Performer [Played By] – Portishead
- Written-By – Utley* (tracks: A1 to C1, C3, D2), Gibbons*, Barrow*, Baggott* (tracks: D1)
NotesLabels say 45rpm but it has to be played on 33 1/3!
Includes download card
Ⓟ & Ⓒ 2008 Universal Music B.V.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 0254797612 3
- Label Code: LC3098
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, stamped): 4785323-A 149186E1/A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, stamped): 4785323-B 149186E2/A
- Matrix / Runout (Side C, stamped): 4797611-A 149186E3/A
- Matrix / Runout (Side D, stamped): 4797611-B 149186E4/A
- Matrix / Runout (All sides, etched): Rc
- Rights Society: BIEM/SDRM
|1764013||Portishead||Third (CD, Album, Sup)||Island Records||1764013||UK||2008|
|1766401||Portishead||Third (CD, Album, Jew)||Island Records, Island Records Group||1766401||Europe||Unknown|
|1766400||Portishead||Third (CD, Album)||Universal, Island Records Group, Island Records||1766400||Argentina||2008|
|1766402||Portishead||Third (CD, Album)||Island Records||1766402||Poland||2008|
|B0011142||Portishead||Third (2x12", Album, Ltd)||Mercury||B0011142||US||2008|