Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Organisation album FLAC
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark is the self-titled debut album by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, released in 1980. It peaked at number 27 in the UK Albums Chart. Electricity" and "Red Frame/White Light" were low charting singles taken from the record.
Producer – Mike Howlett, Orchestral Manoeuvres. Remastered By – Simon Heyworth.
OMD made a quick return to form, however, on their third album, 1981's Architecture & Morality. Shaking off the dread of their music engaging with the public while simultaneously weathering critical scrutiny, OMD shows a greater facility for pop melody, crafting songs of aching fragility rather than off-putting gloom.
If OMD's debut album showed the band could succeed just as well on full-length efforts as singles, Organisation upped the ante even further, situating the band in the enviable position of at once being creative innovators and radio-friendly pop giants
Album · 1980 · 15 Songs. More By Orchestral Manoeuvres In the Dark. See All. The Best of OMD. 1987. Architecture & Morality.
Produced by: Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Richard Manwaring and Mike Howlett. Recorded: In 1980 -1981 at The Gramophone Suite, Liverpool and The Manor Studio, Shipton-on-Cherwell. Label: DinDisc, Virgin. Enola Gay was the only single released from the album. VCLXI was the name of Andy and Paul’s early experimental partnership. The title actually comes from a number on a valve that features on the reverse of the sleeve for Kraftwerk’s album Radioactivity. This version featured on the B-Side of Souvenir. The lyrics in Statues are partially about Ian Curtis, the lead singer of Joy Division who died in May 1980.
|A4||Motion And Heart||3:08|
|B2||The More I See You||4:00|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Dindisc Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Dindisc Ltd.
- Published By – Dinsong Ltd.
- Published By – Virgin Music (Publishers) Ltd.
- Published By – Chappell & Co. Ltd.
- Recorded At – Ridge Farm Studios
- Recorded At – Advision Studios
- Pressed By – CBS Pressing Plant, Aston Clinton
- Design [Sleeve] – Interphoto, Peter Saville , Trevor Key
- Drums, Percussion [Acoustic] – Malcolm Holmes
- Engineer – Lawrence Diana*, Max Norman
- Engineer [Assistant] – Peter Wolliscroft*
- Management – Paul Collister
- Mastered By – BilBo (tracks: B1 to B4), Rays* (tracks: A1 to A5)
- Producer – Mike Howlett, Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark
- Synthesizer, Bass, Organ [Electronic], Piano [Treated Acoustic Piano], Programmed By [Rhythm Programming], Percussion [Electronic And Acoustic], Vocals – Andy McCluskey
- Synthesizer, Organ [Electronic], Piano, Programmed By [Rhythm Programming], Percussion [Acoustic And Electronic], Vocals – Paul Humphreys
- Written-By – McCluskey* (tracks: A1 to A5, B1, B4), Warren* (tracks: B2), Gordon* (tracks: B2), Humphreys* (tracks: A3, A4, B1, B3, B4)
NotesThe first 10,000 copies of Organisation came in a grey sleeve and a bonus 7" EP (DEP 2) featuring 4 live tracks recorded during a 1978 gig at Eric's Club, Liverpool.
This version was officially released at the same time as the first version, but was only introduced once copies with the grey sleeve and free EP were exhausted.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, side A, etched): DID - 6 - A1 RAYS
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, side A, stamped): ⋀
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, side B, etched): DID - 6 - B3 BilBo
|DID 6, Dep2||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Organisation (LP, Album + 7", EP)||Dindisc, Dindisc||DID 6, Dep2||UK||1980|
|402 971||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Organisation (Cass, Album)||Dindisc||402 971||Netherlands||1980|
|202.971||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Organisation (LP, Album)||Dindisc, Virgin||202.971||Netherlands||1980|
|DID 6||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Organisation (LP, Album, RE)||Dindisc||DID 6||Australia||Unknown|
|DIDCDR6, 7243 581506 2 9||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Organisation (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Virgin, Virgin||DIDCDR6, 7243 581506 2 9||UK & Europe||Unknown|