Art Pepper - Tokyo Debut album FLAC
No Limit is a 1977 jazz album by saxophonist Art Pepper playing with George Cables, Tony Dumas, and Carl Burnett. As Pepper says in the sleeve notes, he considered this album to be a memento of his friendship with Lester Koenig, who died on 21 November 1977. Rita-San" (Art Pepper) - 7:55. Ballad Of The Sad Young Men" (Thomas J. Wolf, Jr. & Francis Landesman) - 8:41. My Laurie" (Art Pepper) - 8:25. Mambo de la Pinta" (Art Pepper) - 12:41. Art Pepper - alto saxophone. George Cables - piano.
Request an album send to friend. Art Pepper - Tokyo Debut.
Tokyo Debut is a live album by saxophonist Art Pepper recorded in Japan in 1977 by TBS Radio and originally released on the Japanese Polydor label in 1990 as First Live in Japan before being rereleased on the Galaxy label in 1995.
Tracklist: 01. Introduction 02. Cherokee 03. The Spirit Is Here 04. Here's That Rainy Day 05. Straight Life 06.
Art Pepper Meets the Rhythm Section. SongMeanings is a place for discussion and discovery.
Live album by. Art Pepper.
Recorded at Shiba Yubin Chokin Hall, Tokyo on July 16th and July 23rd, 1979. Other Versions (1 of 1) View All. Cat.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Ray Noble
|3||The Spirit Is Here
Written-By – Art Pepper
|4||Here's That Rainy Day
Written-By – Van Heusen-Burke*
Written-By – Pepper*
Written-By – Gillespie*, Fuller*
|7||Manha De Carnaval
Written-By – Maria*, Bonfa*
Written-By – Jobim*, DeMoraes*
- Distributed By – Fantasy, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Arthur Pepper Music Corp.
- Copyright (c) – Fantasy, Inc.
- Recorded At – Yubin Chokin Hall
- Remastered At – Fantasy Studios
- Alto Saxophone – Art Pepper
- Art Direction – Phil Carroll
- Bass – Rob Fisher
- Coordinator [Album Release] – Yasuyuki Ishihara
- Design – Gilles Margerin
- Directed By – Isao Mohri
- Drums – Peter Riso*
- Guitar – Bob Redfield (tracks: 6 to 8)
- Keyboards – Clare Fischer
- Mixed By – Masaaki Sasada
- Percussion – Poncho Sanchez
- Photography By, Liner Notes – Laurie Pepper
- Producer – Yasumasa Okamoto
- Remastered By – Phil De Lancie
- Vibraphone – Cal Tjader (tracks: 6 to 8)
NotesRecorded live at the Yubin Chokin Hall, Tokyo April 5, 1977.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 025218420129
- SPARS Code: AAD
|J00J 20390||Art Pepper||First Live In Japan (CD, Album)||Polydor||J00J 20390||Japan||1990|
|GCD-4201-2||Art Pepper||Tokyo Debut (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Galaxy||GCD-4201-2||Germany||1995|