Opeth - Damnation album FLAC
Damnation is the seventh full-length studio album by progressive rock band Opeth. It was released on 22 April 2003, five months after Deliverance, which was recorded at the same time. Damnation was produced by Steven Wilson. Mikael Åkerfeldt dedicated both albums to his grandmother, who died in a car accident during the time the albums were being recorded.
Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Миллионы композиций бесплатно и в хорошем качестве.
Damnation", the 7th experimentation: was recorded during the 22nd of July and the 4th of September in Nacksving studios and Studio Fredman, Gothenburg, SWE. Additional vocals, lead guitars and keyboards recorded between the 7th and the 10th of October at Nomansland, Hemel Hempstead, UK. Originally released in 2003 by Music For Nations. When I first heard rumours that Opeth were to release an album with all clean vocals I was thrilled. I have always loved that aspect of their songwriting, how they are able to switch between the two styles seamlessly.
Since all of Opeth's previous outings were specifically conceived for the express purpose of contrasting heavy and light, violent and delicate, black and white, such a uniform presentation would already be surprising enough, but perhaps even more astounding is the realization that Damnation can't even be termed a heavy metal album.
On Damnation, Opeth focused entirely on producing a mellow album without growls, and without heavy riffing. Also, Opeth has done well and managed to create a solid album without those 2 things that are essential to their classic sound. Steve Wilson being a guest must have influenced the band, and you could hear many influences of Porcupine Tree here.
Needless to say, the 43 minute progressive rock offering is among the greatest albums released over the last few years. Needless to say, the 43 minute progressive rock offering is among the greatest albums released over the last few years.
Album Name Damnation. Дата релиза 22 Апрель 2003. Лейблы Music For Nations. Produced by. Recorded at Studio Fredman. Музыкальный стильProgressive Death. Владельцы этого альбома753.
Damnation (Full Album Stream). Genres: Progressive Rock. Labels: Music for Nations, Koch Records. Published on November 2, 2015. Audio Published on November 2, 2015. Album (Studio full-length).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||In My Time Of Need||5:49|
|3||Death Whispered A Lullaby
Lyrics By – Steven Wilson
|6||To Rid The Disease||6:21|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Music For Nations
- Copyright (c) – Sony BMG Music Entertainment (UK) Ltd.
- Distributed By – Sony BMG Music Entertainment
- Recorded At – Nacksving Studios
- Recorded At – Studio Fredman
- Recorded At – No Man's Land
- Pressed By – Sonopress Arvato – 51886105
- Published By – Zomba Music Publishers Ltd.
- Published By – Lava
- Published By – Wb Music Corp.
- Art Direction [Visual Direction] – Opeth
- Band [Opeth], Bass Guitar – Martin Mendez
- Band [Opeth], Drums, Percussion – Martin Lopez
- Band [Opeth], Guitar – Peter Lindgren
- Band [Opeth], Vocals, Guitar – Mikael Åkerfeldt
- Design [Sleeve And Booklet] – Travis Smith
- Grand Piano, Mellotron, Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Backing Vocals – Steven Wilson
- Lyrics By – M. Åkerfeldt* (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 8)
- Mixed By, Mastered By – Steven Wilson
- Music By – M. Åkerfeldt*
- Photography By [Band Photography] – Mick Hutson
- Photography By [Visual Elements Captured By] – Ken Seaney, Rex Zachary, Travis Smith
- Producer, Engineer – Opeth, Steven Wilson
Notes"Damnation", the 7th experimentation:
was recorded during the 22nd of July and the 4th of September in Nacksving studios and Studio Fredman, Gothenburg, SWE.
Additional vocals, lead guitars and keyboards recorded between the 7th and the 10th of October at Nomansland, Hemel Hempstead, UK.
Originally released in 2003 by Music For Nations.
Fender Rhodes misspelled Fender Rhoades.
Published by Zomba Music Publishers Ltd. Except "Death Whispered A Lullaby" published by Lava / WB Music Corp.
℗ 2003 Music For Nations & © 2006 Sony BMG Music Entertainment (UK) Ltd.
Made in the EU.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 8 28768 29112 2
- Barcode (Scanned): 828768291122
- Label Code: LC 13989
- Rights Society: BIEM/GEMA
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1-16): [Sonopress Arvato logo] 51886105/82876829112 21
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1-16): IFPI LB47
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 0777
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0786
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI RV24
- Mould SID Code (Variant 4): IFPI RV22
- Mould SID Code (Variant 5): IFPI RV07
- Mould SID Code (Variant 6): IFPI RV20
- Mould SID Code (Variant 7): IFPI RV08
- Mould SID Code (Variant 8): IFPI 0760
- Mould SID Code (Variant 9): IFPI 0768
- Mould SID Code (Variant 10): IFPI 0792
- Mould SID Code (Variant 11): IFPI RV26
- Mould SID Code (Variant 12): IFPI 0763
- Mould SID Code (Variant 13): IFPI RV01
- Mould SID Code (Variant 14): IFPI RV18
- Mould SID Code (Variant 15): IFPI 0776
- Mould SID Code (Variant 16): IFPI 0796
|CDMFN294, cfmfn 294||Opeth||Damnation (CD, Album)||Music For Nations, Music For Nations||CDMFN294, cfmfn 294||UK & Europe||2003|
|KOC-CD-8652||Opeth||Damnation (CD, Album, Club)||Koch Records||KOC-CD-8652||US||2003|
|MOVLP609||Opeth||Damnation (LP, Album, RE)||Music On Vinyl||MOVLP609||Europe||2012|
|CDMFN294||Opeth||Damnation (CD, Album)||Music For Nations||CDMFN294||Europe||2003|
|TE226-2||Opeth||Damnation (CD, Album)||The End Records||TE226-2||US||2012|