Charles Mingus - Me, Myself An Eye album FLAC
Charles Mingus did not perform on the final sessions he made for Atlantic toward the end of his life. Too ill with ALS to pick up his bass, he nonetheless was a powerful presence in the studio. The arrangements and orchestrations were realized by trumpeter Jack Walrath based on Mingus's tapes and piano sketches.
Devil Woman Larry Coryell, Michael Brecker, Randy Brecker. Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting Jack Walrath, Randy Brecker, Ricky Ford, Michael Brecker, Larry Coryell, Eddie Gomez. Carolyn "Keki" Mingus Lee Konitz, Michael Brecker, Larry Coryell". Matrix, Runout (Side A runout, hand-etched): ULS-584-1 170180 DP.
Carolyn "Keki" Mingus Lee Konitz, Michael Brecker, Larry Coryell". Me Myself An Eye (LP, Album).
Me, Myself, an Eye. Charles Mingus. Album of the Day. Wednesday, March 27, 2019. Among jazz's all-time greats, Charles Mingus made seminal contributions to the music as a bassist, bandleader and composer. Released 40 years ago this month, ME MYSELF AN EYE was recorded near the end of Mingus' career, when the ravages of ALS left him unable to play. With guitar and electronic instrumentation in places, the Atlantic collection touches on fusion, and axeman Larry Coryell is another luminary heard on the superb ME MYSELF AN EYE. Stream the album.
Me, Myself an Eye is a jazz album under the name of Charles Mingus, who was the composer, but who did not play as a musician. The session took place on January 23, 1978 at the Atlantic Studios, New York City, under the direction of Paul Jeffrey. The album was released in 1979 as a LP on Atlantic Records. Me, Myself an Eye is similar to Something Like a Bird, the last album that Mingus was able to direct during his lifetime, but no longer a musician due to illness
Artists Charles Mingus Me, Myself an Eye. Me, Myself an Eye Charles Mingus. Me, Myself an Eye. 1979. This album has an average beat per minute of 109 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 68/152 BPM). Tracklist Me, Myself an Eye. 1. Carolyn Kiki Mingus.
Charles Mingus Devil Woman (Me Myself An Eye, Atlantic). Charles Mingus 1978 Me, Myself an Eye 04 Carolyn 'Keki' Mingus. Charles Mingus 1978 Me, Myself an Eye 03 Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting.
Me, Myself An Eye. Rhino/Atlantic. Cat: 6008 Released: 25 March, 2014 Genre: Jazz. Get new release alerts. DJ-friendly full length tracks. What is Album Only? Some artists and labels prefer certain tracks to be purchased as part of an entire release. Charles Mingus - Carolyn Kiki Mingus 07:46. Charles Mingus - Three Worlds Of Drums 30:17. Charles Mingus - Devil Woman 09:22. The Great Concert of Charles Mingus - Charles Mingus. Cornell 1964 - Charles Mingus, Charles Mingus Sextet, Eric Dolphy. Complete Recordings: 1960 - 1962 - Charles Mingus. 3 in 1 - Charles Mingus. Charles Mingus In Paris - The Complete America Session - Charles Mingus.
|A||Three Worlds Of Drums||30:20|
|B2||Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting||9:42|
|B3||Carolyn ''Keki'' Mingus||7:40|
- Manufactured By – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Published By – Jazz Workshop, Inc.
- Pressed By – Specialty Records Corporation
- Recorded At – Atlantic Studios
- Mixed At – Atlantic Studios
- Lacquer Cut At – Atlantic Studios
- Alto Saxophone – Akira Ohmori, Lee Konitz (tracks: B1, B2, B3), Yoshiaki Malta* (tracks: B1, B2, B3)
- Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – Ken Hitchcock
- Arranged By, Orchestrated By – Jack Walrath
- Baritone Saxophone – Craig Purpura, Pepper Adams, Ronnie Cuber
- Bass – Eddie Gomez, George Mraz (tracks: A)
- Composed By, Supervised By – Charles Mingus
- Conductor – Paul Jeffrey
- Drum – Dannie Richmond, Joe Chambers, Steve Gadd (tracks: A)
- Guitar – Jack Wilkins, Larry Coryell, Ted Dunbar
- Lacquer Cut By – GP*
- Liner Notes – Gary Giddins
- Mastered By – George Piros
- Percussion – Ray Mantilla (tracks: A), Sammy Figueroa (tracks: A)
- Photography By [Back & Inner Sleeve] – David Gahr
- Photography By [Cover] – Susan Graham
- Piano – Bob Neloms
- Producer – Ilhan Mimaroglu, Raymond Silva
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Bobby Warner
- Tenor Saxophone – Daniel Block, George Coleman (tracks: A), John Tank (tracks: B1, B2, B3), Michael Brecker, Ricky Ford
- Trombone – Jimmy Knepper, Keith O'Quinn (tracks: B1, B2, B3), Slide Hampton (tracks: A)
- Trumpet – Jack Walrath, Mike Davis , Randy Brecker
NotesRecorded on January 23, 1978 at Atlantic Studios, New York, N.Y.
A: Joe Chambers, Dannie Richmond, Steve Gadd, Jack Walrath, Randy Brecker, George Mraz, George Coleman, Eddie Gomez, Michael Brecker, Larry Coryell, (rotating order for drums) Joe Chambers, Dannie Richmond, Steve Gadd
B1: Larry Coryell, Michael Brecker, Randy Brecker
B2: Jack Walrath, Randy Brecker, Ricky Ford, Michael Brecker, Larry Coryell, Eddie Gomez
B3: Lee Konitz, Michael Brecker, Larry Coryell
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, Label): AT-A-784161-SP
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, Label): AT-A-784162-SP
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, etched): ST-A-784161-C AT/GP SP (PR) SP
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, etched): St-A-784162-A AT/GP PR 2P
- Rights Society: BMI
|SD 8803||Charles Mingus||Me Myself An Eye (LP, Album, PRC)||Atlantic||SD 8803||US||1979|
|P-10638A||Mingus*||Me Myself An Eye (LP, Album)||Atlantic||P-10638A||Japan||1979|
|SD 8803||Charles Mingus||Me Myself An Eye (LP, Album)||Atlantic||SD 8803||Australia||1979|
|K50571||Mingus*||Me Myself An Eye (LP, Album)||Atlantic||K50571||UK||1979|
|75679 3068-2||Charles Mingus||Me Myself An Eye (CD, Album, RE, RM, Dig)||Atlantic, Warner Jazz, Warner Strategic Marketing||75679 3068-2||Europe||2002|