Goat - Requiem album FLAC
Reqiuem is the third studio album by the Swedish experimental fusion band Goat, released on October 7, 2016 on Rocket Recordings. It was self-produced by the band and recorded at Parkeringshuset Studio. All tracks written by Goat, except where noted.
In a culture obsessed with content, saturation, and continual exposure, it’s rare to find artists who prefer to lurk outside of the public eye. Thomas Pynchon is perhaps the most notable contemporary recluse-a virtually faceless figure who occasionally creeps out of hiding to offer up an elaborate novel steeped in history and warped by imagination-but for crate diggers and guitar mystics, Sweden’s enigmatic GOAT may qualify as the greatest modern pop-culture mystery. GOAT’s only outright declaration for Requiem is that it is their folk album, and the album is focused more on their subdued bucolic ritualism than psilocybin freakouts.
On Requiem, that narrative becomes further entrenched, as GOAT lure us deeper into the woods for a communion ceremony under moonlight. This is their Zeppelin III move, a psychedelia rendered primarily with acoustic elements, pastoral brushes, and field-recording ambience. But even in stripped-down mode, GOAT are unrepentant maximalists, and the full weight of the ensemble is always felt. Requiem’s penultimate track is an instrumental titled Goodbye, which could very well just signal the album’s end, however, the sense of finality is compounded by the fact the song sounds like the Doors’ The End given an Indo-funk remix.
Дата релиза 07 Октябрь 2016. Лейблы Rocket Recordings. Музыкальный стильPsychedelic Rock. Владельцы этого альбома1. 1. Union of Sun and Moon.
Requiem (Goat album). Reqiuem is the third studio album by the Swedish experimental fusion band Goat, released on October 7, 2016 on Rocket Recordings.
Goat make music as inscruitable and enchanting as themselves. To listen to the music of monastic psych-voyagers Goat is to play the part of a detective. Theirs is a stateless, nomadic sound, barely a stampless space on a fully filled passport. Their knotted blend of East and West, African djembe with Funkadelic freakouts, immediately begs questions of origin. An album called Requiem begs obvious questions about the future of the band. Such a misanthropic collective could call it quits at any time. The penultimate track, "Goodbye" is softly triumphant and the strains from "Diaribi", the first track from the first album, close "Ubuntu" the final track on Requiem.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Oumou Sangare
|A1b||Union Of Sun And Moon|
|A2||I Sing In Silence|
|B1||Trouble In The Streets|
|C1||Try My Robe|
|C2||It's Not Me|
Kora – Maher Cissoko
- Recorded At – Parkeringshuset Studio
- Produced At – Parkeringshuset Studio
- Mastered At – Musicamatic
- Copyright (c) – Rocket Recordings
- Copyright (c) – Goat
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Rocket Recordings
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Goat
- Pressed By – GZ Media – 146166E
- Design [Sleeve Design] – Chris Reeder
- Mastered By – Henryk Lipp
- Photography By [Cover Photo] – Andreas Johansson
- Producer, Recorded By, Written-By – Goat
Includes download card.
Sample on 'Ubuntu' courtesy of Emmanuel Vaughan-Lee.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Sticker on plastic sleeve): 5 055300 384140
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Runout, Machine, variant 1): 146166E1/B
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Runout, Machine, variant 1): 146166E2/B
- Matrix / Runout (C Side Runout, Machine, variant 1): 146166E3/C
- Matrix / Runout (D Side Runout, Machine, variant 1): 146166E4/A
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Runout, Machine, variant 2): 146166E1/B
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Runout, Machine, variant 2): 146166E2/A
- Matrix / Runout (C Side Runout, Machine, variant 2): 146166E3/A
- Matrix / Runout (D Side Runout, Machine, variant 2): 146166E4/A
|LAUNCH098||Goat||Requiem (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Ora)||Rocket Recordings||LAUNCH098||UK||2016|
|SP1171||Goat||Requiem (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Tra)||Sub Pop||SP1171||US||2016|
|SP1171||Goat||Requiem (CD, Album)||Sub Pop||SP1171||US||2016|
|SP1171||Goat||Requiem (Cass, Album, Red)||Sub Pop||SP1171||US||2016|
|SP1171||Goat||Requiem (2xLP, Album, Promo)||Sub Pop||SP1171||US||2016|