Texas Is The Reason - Do You Know Who You Are? album FLAC
Do You Know Who You Are? is the first and only studio album by American emo/post-hardcore band Texas Is the Reason, released on April 30, 1996 by Revelation Records. The title of the record comes from what are alleged to be the last words John Lennon ever heard.
Do You Know Who You Are? Texas is the Reason. Released April 30, 1996. Do You Know Who You Are? Tracklist. 1. Johnny on the Spot Lyrics. 2. The Magic Bullet Theory Lyrics. 3. Nickel Wound Lyrics. Do You Know Who You Are? Q&A.
Texas Is The Reason were a a four-piece emo/indie rock band from New York that were around from 1994-1997.
The title track shows Texas Is the Reason in an abyss of harmonic composure, providing a chance for the listener to catch his or her breath before plunging back into the melodic, enthusiastic rush of "Back and to the Left. While neither as harsh as many of their hardcore predecessors, nor as technical as their counterparts from Washington, . nor as poppy as many of the emo bands to come after them, but instead taking a bit from each, Texas Is the Reason provided the indie rock scene with a combination of all the elements that it took to produce a quality.
Right after The Day’s Refrain and A Jack With One Eye, the two unreleased tracks are thrown in. The bright yet grungy Every Little Girl’s Dream is a bit of a shocker and doesn’t really mix with the original listing of Do You Know Who You Are? Lighter guitars, mystical percussion and vocals that are actually pretty understandable balance the drum-heavy cut. As the dream comes to a close, a slower tempo takes control briefly until the power and energy closes it out on a strong note.
00:03:55) Texas Is The Reason - There's No Way I Can Talk Myself Out Of This One Tonight (The Drinking Song). 5. (00:05:49) Texas Is The Reason - Something To Forget (Version II). 6. (00:02:42) Texas Is The Reason - Do You Know Who You Are? 7. (00:03:54) Texas Is The Reason - Back And To The Left. 8. (00:04:58) Texas Is The Reason - The Day's Refrain. 9. (00:04:40) Texas Is The Reason - A Jack With One Eye.
There's a certain purity to Texas is the Reason that isn't afforded to other '90s emo bands. Jawbreaker, Sunny Day Real Estate, the Promise Ring, et. all have a jumping off point, a Rising Tide or Dear You to split the fan base . So while it's easy to get cynical about punk rock reunions right now, it's just as easy to get stoked on Do You Know Who You Are? - The Complete Collection. No artistic differences. Doubling as a remaster of the group's lone full-length and a complete discography, the set makes for one-stop essential shopping.
|A1||Johnny On The Spot|
|A2||The Magic Bullet Theory|
|A4||There's No Way I Can Talk Myself Out Of This One Tonight (The Drinking Song)|
|B1||Something To Forget (Version II)|
|B2||Do You Know Who You Are?|
|B3||Back And To The Left|
|B4||The Day's Refrain|
|C1||A Jack With One Eye|
|C2||Every Little Girls Dream|
|C3||When Rock 'N' Roll Was Just A Baby|
|D1||Something To Forget (Version I)|
|D2||If It's Here When We Get Back It's Ours|
- Copyright (c) – Revelation Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Revelation Records
- Pressed By – Rainbo Records – S-84446
- Pressed By – Rainbo Records – S-84447
- Pressed By – Rainbo Records – S-84448
- Pressed By – Rainbo Records – S-84449
- Recorded At – Oz Studios, Baltimore, MD
- Mixed At – Oz Studios, Baltimore, MD
- Mastered At – Sony Music Studios
- Recorded At – The Magpie Cage
- Mixed At – The Magpie Cage
- Recorded At – Salad Days Studio
- Mixed At – Salad Days Studio
- Remastered At – Masterdisk
- Art Direction, Design [Original Design] – G. Maryansky*
- Band – C. Daly*, G. Klahn*, N. Brannon*, S. Winegard*
- Engineer [Assistant] – M. Rippe* (tracks: A1 to C1)
- Layout – T.D. Kline
- Legal [Legal Representation] – R.J. Grabel, Esq*
- Mastered By – V. Meller* (tracks: A1 to C1)
- Percussion, Strings [Additional Strings] – J. Robbins (tracks: A1 to C1)
- Photography By – J. Mockus*
- Producer – B. McTernan* (tracks: C4 to D4), J. Robbins (tracks: A1 to C3), Texas Is The Reason
- Recorded By, Mixed By – B. McTernan* (tracks: C4 to D4), D. Mazurek* (tracks: A1 to C1), J. Robbins (tracks: C2, C3)
- Remastered By [The Complete Collection] – Vlado Meller
- Songwriter – Texas Is The Reason
NotesThe sticker on the front of the shrink wrap reads:
"Do You Know Who You Are? • The Complete Collection
The Entire Recorded Discography of Texas is the Reason.
Features never-before-published photos, the complete lyrics, a
comprehensive concert history, and seven bonus tracks, including the
debut self-titled EP, two rare B-sides, and two previously unreleased songs
exclusive to this collection. Mastered and remastered by Vlado Meller.
INCLUDES DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OF COMPLETE 2XLP SET"
Includes flyer with digital download code and insert with complete lyrics and tour history.
Tracks A1 to C1 recorded and mixed at Oz Studio, Baltimore. December 1995.
Mastered at Sony Music Studios, New York.
Tracks C2 and C3 recorded and mixed at Magpie Cage, Baltimore, October 28-30, 2012.
Track C4 recorded and mixed at Salad Days Studio, Boston. 1996.
Originally issued by Jade Tree as a split EP with The Promise Ring.
Track D1 recorded and mixed at Salad Days Studio, Bethesda. 1995.
Originally issued by Simba Records as a split EP with Samuel .
Tracks D2 to D4 recorded and mixed at Salad Days Studio, Boston April 29, 1995.
Originally issued on a 7" vinyl and CD as Texas is the Reason.
The complete collection mastered at Masterdisk, New York.
© 1995, 1996, 1997, 2013 Copyright control.
Copright 1996 & 2013 ©&℗ 1996 Revelation Records.
Test press: 4 black vinyl
1st press: 503 blood orange vinyl
1st press: 1101 black vinyl - 180g
2nd press: 540 orange vinyl
3rd press: 1060 orange vinyl
2014+ press: (opaque) orange vinyl
2016 press: 546 orange vinyl
This version is the 2015 repress. Eventhough Revelation Records says opaque orange it's more like clear orange (see pictures).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 098796015117
- Matrix / Runout (Etched runout side A): REV151-1A S-84446 'Fellas, Coincidence And Fate Figure Largely In Our Lives'
- Matrix / Runout (Etched runout side B): REV151-1B S-84447
- Matrix / Runout (Etched runout side C): REV151-1C S-84448
- Matrix / Runout (Etched runout side D): REV151-1D S-84449
|Rev: 51||Texas Is The Reason||Do You Know Who You Are? (CD, Album)||Revelation Records||Rev: 51||US||1996|
|Rev: 51 LP, REVELATION: 51||Texas Is The Reason||Do You Know Who You Are? (LP, Album, RP, Bla)||Revelation Records , Revelation Records||Rev: 51 LP, REVELATION: 51||US||Unknown|
|REV151||Texas Is The Reason||Do You Know Who You Are? (2xLP, Album, RE, RM, Blo)||Revelation Records||REV151||US||2013|
|REV151||Texas Is The Reason||Do You Know Who You Are? (2xLP, Album, RE, RM, Ora)||Revelation Records||REV151||US||2013|
|Rev: 51 LP, REVELATION: 51||Texas Is The Reason||Do You Know Who You Are? (LP, Album, Sil)||Revelation Records , Revelation Records||Rev: 51 LP, REVELATION: 51||US||1996|