Midnight Oil - Diesel And Dust album FLAC
Diesel and Dust is the sixth studio album by Australian rock band Midnight Oil, released in August 1987 by SPRINT Music label under Columbia Records. Diesel and Dust was produced by Warne Livesey and the band. It is a concept album about the struggles of Indigenous Australians and environmental causes, issues important to the band. It drew inspiration from the a Tour of remote Indigenous communities with the Warumpi Band and Gondwanaland in 1986
All tracks published by Warner Bros. Recorded at Albert Studios, Sydney. Released in gatefold sleeve. Rights Society: BIEM/STEMRA.
Midnight Oil frontman Peter Garrett has long been active in elective politics in Australia, and like any good politician, he knows that sometimes the most important thing is to get your message out to the masses, even it means speaking with a bit less force than might be your custom. As a result, Diesel and Dust isn't an album for hardcore Oils fans, but as a bid for a larger audience, it was both shrewd and well executed - it was the group's first real worldwide success, going platinum in America and spawning a massive hit single, "Beds Are Burning.
Fueled by political passions, Midnight Oil’s Diesel and Dust is one of the most urgent rock albums of the ’80s. In the storming radio anthem Beds Are Burning, the band takes on its country’s exploitation of indigenous people. Bullroarer and Dreamworld are blistering tunes, as insistent and angry as they are catchy and inclusive. In contrast, The Dead Heart and Whoah create a slow and elegiac interpretation of country music, which Midnight Oil delivers as a ritual for a fading world. Diesel and Dust (Remastered) Midnight Oil. Rock.
Midnight Oil’s Diesel and Dust is an album that sounds as fresh today as it did 20 years ago and one of their finest in The Oils’ lengthy career. Ten songs filled with smart, moving lyrics, upbeat, catchy and at times drearier parts, and an overall captivating output, it’s just an excellent album. Due to my limited knowledge of Australian rock, I can’t accurately say its one of the best albums to come out of Australia, but can easily see it being one; same goes for being one of the better albums of the 80s.
Letras Midnight Oil canciones Diesel And Dust y videos. Beds Are Burning es una de las miticas canciones y la canción estrella del rgupo de Rock alternativo Midnight Oil que en año 1987 nos presentaban su álbum titulado Diesel and Dust y que contenia dicha canción. ste es el tracklist del álbum: 1. "Beds Are Burning" 2. "Put Down That Weapon" 3. "Dreamworld" 4. "Arctic World" 5. "Warakurna" 6. "The Dead Heart" 7. "Whoah" 8. "Bullroarer" 9. "Sell My Soul" 10. "Sometimes" 11. "Gunbarrel Highway^"
Diesel and Dust is an album by Midnight Oil that was released in 1987 under the CBS record label. The album is a concept album about the struggles of the Australian Aborigines and environmental causes, issues both near and dear to the band, and follows the Black Fella White Fella tour of remote Indigenous communities with the Warumpi Band in 1985.
Artist: Midnight Oil. Title: Diesel And Dust. Format: CD. Condition: New. Genre: Rock/Pop. Release Date: 1992-10-26. Read full description. See details and exclusions.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Beds Are Burning||4:14|
|A2||Put Down That Weapon||4:38|
|B1||The Dead Heart
Cello – John OckwellEngineer [Final Mix] – Greg Henderson French Horn – Jeremy SmithMixed By [Final Mix] – Nick Launay
|B4||Sell My Soul||3:35|
- Recorded At – Albert Studios
- Copyright (c) – Midnight Oil
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Midnight Oil
- Manufactured By – Columbia Records
- Manufactured By – CBS Inc.
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Carrollton, GA
- Arranged By [Strings] – Jim Moginie, Warne Livesey
- Bass, Vocals [Singing] – Peter Gifford
- Drums, Vocals [Singing] – Rob Hirst
- Engineer – Guy Gray
- Guitar – Martin Rotsey
- Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals [Singing] – Jim Moginie
- Keyboards [Additional] – Warne Livesey
- Other [Facilitator] – Gary Morris
- Producer – Midnight Oil, Warne Livesey
- Trombone – Glad Reed
- Vocals [Singer] – Peter Garrett
- Written-By – Midnight Oil
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 7464-40967-1 02
- Barcode (Scanned): 074644096712
- Matrix / Runout (Side A - Etched): AL-40967-DMM-1B / G5 / STERLING B2
- Matrix / Runout (Side B - Etched): AL-40967-DMM-1A / G5 / STERLING B/4
- Other (Side A - Label): C 40967
- Other (Side B - Label): C 40967
- Other (Side A - Label): AL 40967
- Other (Side B - Label): BL 40967
- Other (Sleeve): FC 40967
- Rights Society: APRA
- Rights Society: BMI
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 - Etch Variant): AL-40967-DMM-1B / G5 / STERLING J3
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 - Etch Variant): AL-40967-DMM-1A / G5 / STERLING C7
|460005 1||Midnight Oil||Diesel And Dust (LP, Album)||CBS, Sprint Music||460005 1||Australia||1987|
|120-076||Midnight Oil||Diesel And Dust (LP, Album)||CBS||120-076||Argentina||1988|
|BFCK-40967, CK 40967||Midnight Oil||Diesel And Dust (CD, Album)||Columbia, Columbia||BFCK-40967, CK 40967||Canada||1988|
|CK 40967||Midnight Oil||Diesel And Dust (CD, Album, RP, DAD)||Columbia||CK 40967||US||1988|
|FCT 40967, CT40967||Midnight Oil||Diesel And Dust (Cass, Album)||Sprint Music, Sprint Music||FCT 40967, CT40967||US||1988|