Tinariwen - Aman Iman: Water Is Life album FLAC
This album has an average beat per minute of 104 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 74/136 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist Aman Iman: Water Is Life. BPM Profile Aman Iman: Water Is Life. Album starts at 98BPM, ends at 112BPM (+14), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Tinariwen.
Tracklistings come from MusicBrainz. Find out more about our use of this data, and also our policy on profanity. Find out more about our use of this data. Like its predecessor Amassakoul, Aman Iman successfully balances the upbeat with the plaintive, and density of sound with sparseness – although nothing is without the wonderful trademark desert drone. To the newcomer, the fact that there are four lead vocalists won’t be immediately obvious, as all have similar registers.
On Aman Iman the guitars almost seem to chatter, the notes tight and clustered as they intertwine with undulating Arabic vocal lines and chant-like backing choruses. Producer (and Robert Plant sideman) Justin Adams, working again at Bamako’s Bogolan studio, captures Tinariwen in the raw – a minimalist collective playing a kind of lo-fi funk that’s both sleepy and at times jarringly jerky. Ahimana and Awadijen sound almost wrong to first-world ears, so weird are their lurching beats. As you might infer from its title, the album’s themes are broadly concerned with the realities of heat and aridity, along with the semi-nomadic existence of the Touareg people. The militancy of the band’s early (and outlawed) cassettes may be less in evidence, but the constants of thirst and emptiness remain. Water is life, say the Touareg, and milk is survival – a perfect message for our overheating planet.
Zara Larsson Ruin My Life. Радио Мята - The Hits Channel. Gesaffelstein Lost in the Fire. Норд FM. Kaleo Way Down We Go. LIFE-FM. Chaka Khan I Feel for You. Radio Caprice - Soul Jazz.
All the great songs and lyrics from the "Aman Iman: Water Is Life" album ont he Web's largest and most authoritative lyrics resource. Style:MLA Chicago APA. "Aman Iman: Water Is Life Album.
The song is included on this album, which they started recording the following day. This is an important time for Tinariwen. They have signed to a label best-known for rock acts such as Travis or Paul Weller, and there's clearly the hope that the band will now extend their appeal from African music fans to a wider audience. What's special about Tinariwen's latest desert blues is the way that their laid-back, rhythmic but gloriously tight and rousing songs are now mixed with spoken passages or more thoughtful, reflective pieces such as the semi-acoustic Nak Assarhagh
Tracklist Hide Credits
Flute [Guellal], Goblet Drum [Darbouka], Shekere – Salah Dawson MillerGuitar [Background] – Justin Adams
Backing Vocals – Hamid EkawelLead Vocals, Lead Guitar – Abdallah Ag AlhousseyniLute [Teherdant] – Justin Adams
Acoustic Guitar – Justin Adams
Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar – Mohammed Ag Itlale 'Japonais'*
Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar – Abdallah Ag Alhousseyni
Acoustic Guitar – Abdallah Ag AlhousseyniLead Vocals, Lead Guitar – Mohammed Ag Itlale 'Japonais'*
Acoustic Guitar – Abdallah Ag Alhousseyni, Mohammed Ag Itlale 'Japonais'*
Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar – Alhassane Ag TouhamiPerformer [Krakesh], Congas, Shekere – Salah Dawson Miller
Guitar [Background] – Justin Adams
Acoustic Guitar – Mohammed Ag Itlale 'Japonais'
- Copyright (c) – Independiente Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Independiente Ltd.
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing
- Recorded At – Studio Bogolan
- Mixed At – The Shed
- Mixed At – Top Cat Mastering
- Mastered At – Top Cat Mastering
- Distributed By – Shock Records Pty. Ltd.
- Backing Vocals, Handclaps – Abdallah Ag Alhousseyni, Alhassane Ag Touhami, Kesa Walet Hamid, Wonou Walet Sidati
- Bass Guitar, Backing Vocals, Handclaps – Eyadou Ag Leche
- Design [Graphic Design] – Gros & Détails, Seb Merlet*
- Djembe, Cymbal [Hi-hat], Shaker [Calabash], Handclaps, Backing Vocals – Said Ag Ayad
- Engineer – Ben Findlay
- Engineer [Bogolan 2nd] – Ibrahim Coulibaly
- Executive Producer – Andy Morgan
- Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar – Ibrahim Ag Alhabib (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 12)
- Liner Notes – Justin Adams
- Management [Manager] – Andy Morgan
- Management [Tour Manager] – Bastien Gsell
- Mixed By – Ben Findlay, Justin Adams
- Mixed By [Additional], Mastered By – Tim Oliver
- Photography By – Alioune Ba , Thomas Dorn
- Producer – Justin Adams
- Producer [Pre-production], Engineer [Live Sound] – Jaja
- Rhythm Guitar, Backing Vocals – Abdallah Ag Lamida 'Intidao'*
- Rhythm Guitar, Backing Vocals, Handclaps – Elaga Ag Hamid
- Translated By [Lyrics, With Precious Help From] – Denis Péan, Issa Dicko, Nadia Belalimat
- Translated By [Lyrics] – Andy Morgan, Ibrahim Ag Assarid
- Voice [Youyous] – Mama Livio (tracks: 1 to 3, 7), Manaki Diallo (tracks: 1 to 3, 7)
- Words By, Music By – Abdallah Ag Alhousseyni (tracks: 2, 6), Alhassane Ag Touhami (tracks: 10), Ibrahim Ag Alhabib (tracks: 1, 9, 12), Ibrahim Ag Alhabib Aka 'Abaraybone'* (tracks: 3, 5, 7, 11), Mohammed Ag Itlale Aka 'Japonais'* (tracks: 4, 8)
NotesRecorded at Bogolan Studios, Bamako, Mali.
Mixed at The Shed, Frome, UK.
Additional mixing and mastering at Top Cat Mastering, Bath, UK.
All songs published by Emma / Annie Reed Music / EMI Music Publishing.
℗ & © 2006 Independiente Ltd.
The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Independiente Ltd.
Packaging: 6-panel gatefold sleeve with a 24-page booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 021456 147618
|ISOM 65CD||Tinariwen||Aman Iman: Water Is Life (CD, Album, Dig)||Independiente||ISOM 65CD||UK||2007|
|CAP040P||Tinariwen||Aman Iman: Water Is Life (CD, Album, Promo, Dig)||Independiente||CAP040P||Germany||2007|
|CD 048||Tinariwen||Aman Iman: Water Is Life (CD, Album, Jew)||Ponderosa Music & Art||CD 048||Europe||2007|
|468067, none||Tinariwen||Aman Iman: Water Is Life (CD, Album)||World Village, Independiente||468067, none||Germany||2007|
|CAP040||Tinariwen||Aman Iman: Water Is Life (CD, Album)||Skycap||CAP040||Germany||2007|