Japan - Exorcising Ghosts album FLAC
Exorcising Ghosts is a compilation album by the British band Japan, released in October 1984 by record label Virgin. Exorcising Ghosts was compiled and produced in consultation with lead singer David Sylvian two years after Japan dissolved. It features three recordings from the band's early career on the Hansa Records label (such as 1979's Quiet Life) but mainly focuses on material from their two studio albums on Virgin Records; Gentlemen Take Polaroids (1980) and Tin Drum (1981).
That all said, though, if one needs to have a useful enough starting point for what made Japan so great, Exorcising Ghosts is a reasonable way to start. The emphasis is entirely on the moody, melancholic but energetic phase of Japan's career - there's nothing earlier than a couple of cuts from Quiet Life, and any hint of the band's trash glam rock start is carefully and quietly ignored. Tasteful is the word here instead, and, to be sure, the album cover and design, a beautifully striking effort from regular Sylvian artistic partner Russell Mills, is one of the best ever done
Exorcising Ghosts is a music boxset/compilation recording by JAPAN (Prog Related/Progressive Rock) released in 1984 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette. Exorcising Ghosts Virgin Records 1994. TJKB8) poster/advert 11X8" japan - exorcising ghosts album framed.
Complete your Japan collection. Compilation album which was supervised by Sylvian. Unfortunately, what was true in Japan was not true in the UK, therefore, the album's promotion, mentioning 'unreleased tracks' was incorrect for the domestic market, attracting criticism at the time. UK Chart Position: 45. Elenco tracce.
Classic new romantic ensemble Japan with their album "Exorcising Ghosts" compiling their singles along with the B-sides.
guitar pro. Exorcising Ghosts. Methods of Dancesubmit Quiet Lifesubmit My New Careersubmit The Other Side of Life Visions of Chinasubmit Ghosts Talking Drumsubmit. Methods of Dancesubmit Quiet Lifesubmit My New Careersubmit The Other Side of Lifesubmit Visions of Chinasubmit Ghostssubmit Talking Drumsubmit. Methods of Dancesubmit Quiet Lifesubmit My New Career The Other Side of Lifesubmit Visions of China Ghostssubmit Talking Drumsubmit.
Exorcising Ghosts, 2003. Exorcising Ghosts, 2003. Gentlemen Take Polaroids, 07:03. My New Career, 03:51.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1.1||Methods Of Dance||6:49|
|1.3||Gentlemen Take Polaroids||7:03|
|1.5||A Foreign Place
Composed By, Written-By – Sylvian*, R. Barbieri*
|1.7||My New Career||3:50|
|1.8||The Other Side Of Life||7:25|
|2.1||Visions Of China
Composed By, Written-By – Sylvian*, Jansen*
|2.2||Taking Islands In Africa
Composed By, Written-By – Sylvian / Sakamoto*
|2.4||Sons Of Pioneers
Composed By, Written-By – Sylvian*, Karn*
|2.5||Voices Raised In Welcome, Hands Held In Prayer
Composed By, Written-By – Sylvian*, Jansen*
|2.6||Life Without Buildings||6:34|
|2.8||The Art Of Parties||6:43|
- Licensed Through – Ariola Eurodisc GmbH
- Manufactured By – Toshiba EMI Ltd
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Ariola Eurodisc GmbH
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Published By – Chadwick Nomis Ltd.
- Published By – Virgin Music (Publishers) Ltd.
- Arranged By [String Arrangement] – Ann O'Dell* (tracks: 1.8)
- Composed By, Written-By – Sylvian*
- Design, Artwork By [Art & Design] – Russell Mills
- Drums, Percussion, Electronic Drums, Percussion [Keyboard Percussion] – Steve Jansen
- Edited By [Compilation], Engineer [Compilation Engineered By] – Nigel Walker
- Engineer – Colin Fairley, John Punter, Nigel Walker, Steve Nye, Steve Prestage
- Fretless Bass, Clarinet, Suona [Dida], Saxophone – Mick Karn
- Guitar – Rob Dean (tracks: 1.1, 1.3, 1.4, 1.8)
- Keyboards, Programmed By [Keyboard Programming], Tape [Tapes] – Richard Barbieri
- Keyboards, Programmed By [Keyboard Programming], Tape [Tapes], Guitar, Vocals – David Sylvian
- Photography By – David Buckland
- Producer – Japan, John Punter, Steve Nye
- Violin – Simon House (tracks: 1.7, 2.7)
Notes℗ 1984 This Compilation Virgin Records Ltd.
© 1984 Virgin Records Ltd.
Made in Japan
Manufactured by Toshiba EMI Ltd. in Japan
All Titles published by Chadwick Nomis Ltd. / Virgin Music (Publishers) Ltd., except 'Quiet Life', 'The Other Side Of Life', published by Chadwick Nomis Ltd.
Japanese 2 CD compilation, including all tracks from the original double vinyl album. Includes Obi-Strip.
℗ 1980 Virgin Records Ltd. (Disc 1: Tracks 1, 3, 6 & 7)
℗ 1980 Ariola Eurodisc GmbH. (Disc 1: Tracks 4 & 8)
℗ 1981 Virgin Records Ltd. (Disc 2: Tracks 1, 3, 6, 7 & 8)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 4 988006 686625
- Barcode (Scanned): 4988006686625
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 1): VJCP-36044 1A1 TO
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 2): VJCP-36045 2A1 TO
- Rights Society: JASRAC
- Other (Disc 1, catalogue #): VJCP-36044
- Other (Disc 2, catalogue #): VJCP-36045
- Other (Disc 1, secondary catalogue #): VJDCD-3510-1
- Other (Disc 2, secondary catalogue #): VJDCD-3510-2
|VGD 3510||Japan||Exorcising Ghosts (2xLP, Comp)||Virgin||VGD 3510||UK||1984|
|VGDCD 3510, 0777 7 86728 2 1||Japan||Exorcising Ghosts (CD, Comp, RE, RP, tak)||Virgin, Virgin||VGDCD 3510, 0777 7 86728 2 1||UK & Europe||Unknown|
|VGD 3510||Japan||Exorcising Ghosts (2xLP, Comp)||Virgin||VGD 3510||Australia||1985|
|VGDCD 3510||Japan||Exorcising Ghosts (CD, Comp, RP)||Virgin||VGDCD 3510||UK||Unknown|
|VJCP-36017||Japan||Exorcising Ghosts (2xCD, Comp)||Virgin Japan||VJCP-36017||Japan||1991|