Danny O'Keefe - Danny O'Keefe album FLAC
O'Keefe is an album by singer-songwriter Danny O'Keefe, released in 1972 (see 1972 in music). It peaked at on the Billboard Top LPs chart. The lead-off single was "Good Time Charlie's Got the Blues" (a re-recording of a song O'Keefe had first recorded for his self-titled debut album two years earlier), which reached on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and was covered by numerous artists. The Road" was covered by Jackson Browne on his album Running on Empty
While 1972's O'Keefe scored singer/songwriter Danny O'Keefe his biggest hit ever with "Good Time Charlie's Got the Blues," - and continues to garner him royalty checks because of all the people who covered it (Elvis among them), the album is a classic in its own right. The single is the opening track, and it remains one of the greatest songs about desolation ever written. Produced by Arif Mardin in Memphis, it features sidemen like Buddy Emmons and Reggie Young, and also Eddie and David Brigati! Also here is "The Road," a track made infamous by Jackson.
Danny O'Keefe's first album is a tentative affair, stylistically diverse and unfocused with a handful of strong songs. One of the latter, "Good Time Charlie's Got the Blues," appears in a markedly inferior early arrangement (O'Keefe would re-record the song and enjoy a Top Ten hit the following year). Combining elements of country, blues, folk, and jazz with Bob Dylan-inflected vocals and songwriting, Danny O'Keefe is more promising than effective. Steel Guitar" and "Covered Wagon" are strong country-rock efforts, while "Rev.
Album · 1970 · 12 Songs. Danny O'Keefe Danny O'Keefe. Listen on Apple Music.
Danny O'Keefe – O'Keefe. Label: ATCO Records – ATLP 034. Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo. Trumpet – Markie Markowitz. Violin – Howard McNatt. Written-By – Danny O'Keefe (tracks: A1 to A3, A5 to B5), Hank Williams (tracks: A4). Notes.
|A2||3:10 Smokey Thursday||3:30|
|A4||A Country Song||3:32|
|A5||Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues||2:41|
|B3||Bottle Up And Go||2:22|
|B4||Come Dance With Me||4:48|
- Recorded At – United Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Muscle Shoals Sound Studios
- Published By – Burdette Music Co.
- Published By – Cotillion Music
- Published By – Sanga Music Inc.
- Arranged By [Vocals, Strings] – Arif Mardin (tracks: A1 to A6, B1, B3), Jimmy Haskell* (tracks: B2, B4 to B6)
- Bass – Chris Ethridge (tracks: B2, B4 to B6), David Hood (tracks: A1 to A6, B1, B3)
- Design – Eve Babitz
- Drums, Percussion – Rich Crooks* (tracks: B2, B4 to B6), Roger Hawkins (tracks: A1 to A6, B1, B3)
- Engineer [Muscle Shoals] – Martin Greene* (tracks: A1 to A6, B1, B3)
- Engineer [Remix] – Gene Paul, Jack Adams
- Engineer [United Recording] – Lennie Roberts* (tracks: B2, B4 to B6)
- Flute, Saxophone, Keyboards – Billy McPherson (tracks: B2, B4 to B6)
- Guitar – Doug Hastings (tracks: B2, B4 to B6), Eddie Hinton (tracks: A1 to A6, B1, B3), Jimmy Johnson (tracks: A1 to A6, B1, B3)
- Keyboards – Barry Beckett (tracks: A1 to A6, B1, B3), Bob Nixon (tracks: B2, B4 to B6)
- Photography [Front, Back] – Nancy Donald
- Photography [Inside] – Eve Babitz
- Producer – Ahmet Ertegun
- Producer [Assistant] – Jackson Howe
- Vocals, Guitar – Danny O'Keefe
- Written-By – Danny O'Keefe
NotesTracks B2, B4 to B6 were recorded at United Recording, Hollywood, California
Tracks A1 to A6, B1, B3 were recorded at Muscle Shoals Sound Studio, Muscle Shoals, Alabama
|SD 9036||Danny O'Keefe||Danny O'Keefe (LP, Album, Promo, SP)||Cotillion||SD 9036||US||1970|
|SD 9036||Danny O'Keefe||Danny O'Keefe (LP, Album, Promo, MO)||Cotillion||SD 9036||US||1970|
|2466 001||Danny O'Keefe||Danny O'Keefe (LP, Album)||Atlantic||2466 001||UK||1971|
|SD 9036||Danny O'Keefe||Danny O'Keefe (LP, Album)||Cotillion||SD 9036||Canada||1970|
|CCM-283-2||Danny O'Keefe||Danny O'Keefe (CD, Album)||Collectors' Choice Music||CCM-283-2||US||2001|