Charo - Olé Olé album FLAC
Shop Vinyl and CDs and complete your Charo collection. John Davis is at his finest on these spicy Spanish flavoured disco epics. All of them are fantastic but the moody "Stay With Me" is dramatic disco at its best.
A1. Olé Olé. Mixed By, Written-By – John Davis (5). 7:33. Olé Olé (LP, Album).
Tracklist: 1. Olé Olé, 2. Concierto De Aranjuez, 3. Stay With Me, 4. Hot Love, 5. Love Boat Theme. More albums from Charo: Guitar Passion by Charo. Something Else EP by Charo. View all albums .
Charo began playing guitar at the age of 9 and trained under the famed Andrés Segovia. In 1966 she married bandleader Xavier Cugat and they moved to the United States. In the late 1960s and 1970s, she became a ubiquitous presence on American television, frequently appearing as a guest star on series such as Laugh-In, Fantasy Island, The Love Boat, and The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson. Olé Olé (1978) (with the Salsoul Orchestra). Bailando con Charo (Dancing with Charo, 1981) (with the Salsoul Orchestra). Guitar Passion (1994).
Shop Vinyl and CDs and complete your Charo collection.
Ole, Ole captured Charo's sensual vocals, while Concierto de Aranjuez demonstrated her masterful spanish guitar skills. Side two of this album contains the "Love boat" theme were she also appeared in some episodes. Back in the day when disco music ruled the world this was a great album to play at any disco party. A truly great disco album from the SalSoul label and the one-of-a-kind Charo. The lineup of musicians includes Thor Baldursson, Keith Benson and backing vocalists Carla Benson, Evette Benton and Barbara Ingram, known here as The Sweethearts. This is true club disco music from the height of the disco era. The album is presented in its full original format, followed by 12" mixes and a bonus holiday cut. The CD label is Unidisc and the sound quality is high.
|B||Olé Olé (Instrumental)|
- Distributed By – Ariola Eurodisc S.A.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Salsoul Records Ltd.
- Published By – John Davis Music
- Published By – Midsong Music
- Arranged By, Conductor – John Davis
- Producer – Tom Moulton
- Written-By – John Davis
NotesOn both record labels:
John Davis Music / Midsong Music (ASCAP)
℗ 1978 Salsoul Records Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Depósito Legal: B.37175-1978
- Rights Society: B.I.E.M.
|SG 202||Charo||Olé Olé (12", Single, Pin)||Salsoul Records||SG 202||US||1978|
|SG 202||Charo||Olé Olé (12", Pin)||Salsoul Records||SG 202||Canada||1978|
|XC-2318||Charo||Olé Olé (12", Maxi)||Salsoul Records||XC-2318||Spain||1978|
|SDM-6002||Charo||Ole Ole (12")||Top Tape||SDM-6002||Brazil||1978|
|S7 2075||Charo||Olé Olé (7", Single)||Salsoul Records||S7 2075||US||1978|
Tracklist Hide Credits
Mixed By, Written-By – John Davis
|A2||Concierto De Aranjuez
Written-By – Joaquin Rodrigo*
|B1||Stay With Me
Written-By – Avril Giacobbi, Carol Connors
Written-By – Mark Glabman, Pamela Fraboni
|B3||Love Boat Theme
Written-By – Charles Fox, Norman Gimbel
- Recorded At – Sigma Sound Studios
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Arranged By, Conductor – John Davis
- Art Direction [Graphic's Supervision] – Lloyd Gelassen
- Backing Vocals – Barbara Ingram, Carla Benson, Evette Benton
- Bass – Jimmy Williams
- Castanets – Felipe De La Rosa
- Design – Paula Bisacca
- Drums – Keith Benson
- Engineer – Arthur Stoppe, Ken Present*
- Engineer [Assistant] – Darrell Rogers
- Engineer [Mixing Engineer] – Arthur Stoppe
- Guitar – Craig Snyder
- Keyboards – John Davis , Thor Baldursson
- Mastered By – José Rodriguez
- Photography By – Claude Mougin
- Producer, Mixed By – Tom Moulton
- Strings, Horns – Don Renaldo Ensemble, The*
- Tambourine – Charo, Moto
Notes"A Tom Moulton Mix"
- Sigma Sound Studios, Philadelphia
- Sterling Sound, Inc., New York
|SA 8515||Charo||Olé Olé (LP, Album)||Salsoul Records||SA 8515||Panama||1978|
|SA 8515||Charo||Olé Olé (LP, Album, Promo, Pin)||Salsoul Records||SA 8515||US||1978|
|none||Charo||Ole Ole (Acetate, LP)||Salsoul Records||none||US||1978|
|SLP 60007||Charo||Olé Olé (LP, Album, Gat)||Salsoul Records||SLP 60007||Greece||1978|
|SA 8515||Charo||Olé Olé (LP, Album, Promo)||Salsoul Records||SA 8515||US||1978|