The Thrills - So Much For The City album FLAC
Lista de los grupos Indie Rock The Thrills So Much for the City. añadir las palabras del álbum. Data de aparición 27 Mayo 2003. Labels Virgin Records EMI Records.
And no matter that they're Irish, for these days anyone can sing about California as if they've always lived there. 1) Santa Cruz (You're Not That Far) This song is nice, slow easy going in the verses and has a lil sad kinda touch to it. Then when the chorus kicks in it goes a lil happier and that contrast makes this song so great.
Music By, Arranged By – The Thrills. Pedal Steel Guitar – Jay Dee Manness (tracks: A3, B1, B2, B3). Photography By – Max Dodson. Producer – Tony Hoffer, Tony Hoffer. Producer – Tony Hoffer (tracks: B4). Recorded By – Marc Carolan (tracks: B4), Tony Hoffer (tracks: B4). Songwriter – Deasy (tracks: A1 to A6, B2 to B5), Horan (tracks: B1).
Five boys who grew up together in Dublin, the Thrills wouldn't be the first band on this side of the Atlantic to become obsessed with American music, specifically the golden age of late-1960s and early-1970s west-coast pop. They probably are the first, however, to actually bother to spend a summer in a rented house on the beach in San Diego for the sake of authenticity. Nailing their (sun-bleached) colours to the mast about as firmly as possible, they have written a series of perfectly crafted homages to the music of their heroes
So much for the streetlights They're never gonna guide you home No, they're never gonna guide you home. Down at the steamboat show Yeah, all the kids start spittin' I guess it didn't live up to the billing. Your love is like a city I visited Your love is like a city that burnt me good Oh Las Vegas, I could only afford one weekend. I was surfing this tidal wave, of faded glories. A San Diego pad, and five, six years walked straight by me.
Anyone know much about this album? Whaddya think of it? I quite like it, although it's quite in your face for what it is. Haven't heard banjos in thing. If you were to mention that you engineered The Thrills in a pub right now you'd start glowing. Much more than if you mentioned BDB simply 'cos it's more rock n roll). Ok, that, what was the vocal chain for lead vox. And what's the best mic for a banjo.
Got into the Thrills with Lets Bottle Bohemia - Album. So this CD was adding to the back collection of a fine band. Album is pretty good. The Thrills- So much for the city. Good cd if you are a fan of the thrills. Nice pop tunes and the singer has a good voice to. ighly Recommended.
LP (12" album, 33 rpm). Thrills (Ireland) Format: Vinyl. The video does not play. There is too much buffering. The audio is poor or missing. Other technical issue.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Santa Cruz (You're Not That Far)||4:12|
|3||Don't Steal Our Sun||2:50|
|4||Deckchairs And Cigarettes||4:56|
|5||One Horse Town
Arranged By [Horns], Leader – David CampbellHorns – David Woodford, Nicholas Lane*, Steven Madalo*
|6||Old Friends, New Lovers
Arranged By [Strings], Leader – David CampbellCello – Larry CorbettViola – John HayhurstViolin – Berj Garabedian, Charlie Bisharat, David Campbell, Joel Derouin, Sara Perkins*, Suzie Katayama
|7||Say It Ain't So||2:43|
|9||Just Traveling Through||3:21|
|10||Your Love Is Like Las Vegas||2:22|
|11||'Till The Tide Creeps In||5:05|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Marketed By – EMI Middle East
- Distributed By – EMI Middle East
- Recorded At – The Sound Factory
- Recorded At – Strongroom
- Recorded At – Area 51 Studios Dublin
- Mixed At – The Sound Factory
- Mixed At – Strongroom
- Mixed At – Quad Recording Studios
- Mastered At – Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Backing Vocals – Daniel Ryan, Kevin Horan, Pádraic McMahon
- Banjo – Daniel Ryan
- Bass – Daniel Ryan, Pádraic McMahon
- Design [The Thrills Logo & Sleeve Design] – Ben Drury
- Drums, Percussion – Ben Carrigan
- Engineer – John Paterno, Steven Rhodes, Tony Hoffer
- Engineer [Assistant | Area 51] – Shane Power
- Engineer [Assistant | Quad Studios] – Nathanial Chan*
- Engineer [Assistant | Sound Factory] – Kevin Dean
- Engineer [Assistant | Strongroom Studios] – Ian Dowling
- Guitar – Conor Deasy, Daniel Ryan, Pádraic McMahon
- Harmonica – Conor Deasy, Pádraic McMahon
- Management – Alan Cullivan
- Mastered By – Brian "Big Bass" Gardner*
- Mixed By – Michael H Brauer* (tracks: A2), Tony Hoffer (tracks: A1, A3 to B5)
- Music By, Arranged By – The Thrills
- Pedal Steel Guitar – Jay Dee Manness* (tracks: A3, B1, B2, B3)
- Photography By – Max Dodson
- Piano, Organ, Synthesizer – Kevin Horan
- Producer – Tony Hoffer
- Producer [Vocals] – Tony Hoffer (tracks: B4)
- Recorded By [Vocals] – Marc Carolan (tracks: B4), Tony Hoffer (tracks: B4)
- Songwriter [Songs By] – Deasy* (tracks: A1 to A6, B2 to B5), Horan* (tracks: B1)
- Vocals – Conor Deasy
- Written-By, Composed By – Tommy Boyce And Bobby Hart* (tracks: A2)
NotesSticker on the case:
(Center): EMI Middle East / (Border): North Africa, Arabia & West Asia - Not for Sale in EEC & EFTA"
℗ & © 2003 Virgin Records Ltd. The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Virgin Records Ltd.
© 2003 EMI Records Ltd.
Printed in the EU.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 24358 49692 5
- Label Code: LC03098
- Matrix / Runout: EMI uDEN 5849692 @ 1 1-2-20-NL
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L046
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 1507
- Price Code: PM 586
- Rights Society: bel BIEM
|7243 5 84968 2 6, CDV 2974||The Thrills||So Much For The City (CD, Album)||Virgin, Virgin||7243 5 84968 2 6, CDV 2974||UK||2003|
|7243 5 84969 2 5||The Thrills||So Much For The City (CD, Album, Copy Prot.)||Virgin||7243 5 84969 2 5||Canada||2003|
|none||The Thrills||Title - TBC (CDr, Album, Copy Prot., Promo)||Virgin||none||UK||Unknown|
|DVDAV 2974, 7243 584968 9 5, 07243 584968 9 5||The Thrills||So Much For The City (DVD-V, RM, Multichannel, NTSC)||Virgin, Virgin, Virgin||DVDAV 2974, 7243 584968 9 5, 07243 584968 9 5||UK||2005|
|CDVDJ 2974||The Thrills||So Much For The City (CD, Album, Copy Prot., Promo)||Virgin||CDVDJ 2974||UK & Europe||2003|