The Marshall Tucker Band - The Marshall Tucker Band album FLAC
The Marshall Tucker Band is the self-titled debut album by American rock band The Marshall Tucker Band. Released in April 1973, the album was recorded in 1973 in Macon, Georgia, at Capricorn Studios. The album's musical style incorporates elements of psychedelic, jam band, jazz, R&B, gospel and folk. Toy Caldwell drew heavily from bluegrass and country while writing songs for the band's debut.
The Marshall Tucker Band- self-titled debut album ogs. com Retrieved 1-4-2014. v. t. e. The Marshall Tucker Band.
Pioneering South Carolina band that combined country, rock, blues, and jazz, with standout work from guitarist Toy Caldwell.
The Marshall Tucker Band's self-titled debut, produced by Paul Hornsby, was released in 1973, and certified gold in 1975. All of the tracks were written by Toy Caldwell, including "Can't You See", which was released in 1973 on Capricorn 0023 ("Bubbled Under" at No. 108 on 1 September 1973) and re-released in 1977 on Capricorn 0278 (peaked at. No. 75 on 24 September 1977). Following the completion of the band's tenth album, entitled Tenth, tragedy struck The Marshall Tucker Band. On April 22, 1980, the band's bassist and co-founder, Tommy Caldwell, suffered massive head trauma in a car wreck and died six days later. Former Toy Factory bassist Franklin Wilkie replaced Caldwell, but the band was never able to recapture its commercial success of the 1970s.
The Marshall Tucker Band - Can't You See (Audio) 3:22. The Marshall Tucker Band - The Marshall Tucker Band 1973 (full album) 35:03. 2017 Purchases by teriushash.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Take The Highway||6:10|
|A2||Can't You See||6:00|
Fiddle – Fred Wise*Performer [Cousin Stanley's Jug Band] – Buddy Thornton, George McCorkle, Jerry Eubanks, Tom Caldwell*
|B2||See You Later, I'm Gone
Drums – Tom Caldwell*
Tenor Saxophone – Oscar Jackson Trumpet – Samuel Dixon
|B4||My Jesus Told Me So
Backing Vocals – Donna Hall, Ella Brown, Ernestine Jones
- Manufactured By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Capricorn Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Capricorn Records Inc.
- Produced For – Capricorn Records Inc.
- Recorded At – Capricorn Sound Studios
- Designed At – Wonder Graphics
- Published By – No Exit Music Co., Inc.
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Pitman
- Acoustic Guitar, Lead Vocals – Toy Caldwell (tracks: A2 B1)
- Alto Saxophone, Flute, Percussion, Backing Vocals – Jerry Eubanks, Jerry Eubanks
- Arranged By – The Marshall Tucker Band
- Arranged By [Special] – Phil Walden & Associates, Inc.
- Bass, Percussion, Backing Vocals – Tom Caldwell*
- Congas, Percussion [Guitcongas] – Jai Johanny Johanson (tracks: A2, A3, B4)
- Design [Album], Illustration – James Flournoy Holmes
- Design [Graphic Coordinatory] – David “Worm” Holmes*
- Drums – Paul Riddle
- Engineer – Buddy Thornton, Paul Hornsby
- Lead Guitar, Steel Guitar – Toy Caldwell
- Lead Vocals, Percussion – Doug Gray
- Photography By – C. Hearon, J. Duckworth
- Piano [Acoustic], Electric Piano, Organ, Synthesizer [Moog] – Paul Hornsby
- Producer – Paul Hornsby
- Remix [Consultants] – Johnny Sandlin, Ovie Sparks
- Rhythm Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Percussion – George McCorkle
- Supervised By [Executive Supervision] – Frank Fenter
- Typography [Hand Lettering] – James L. Wood
- Written-By – Toy Caldwell
NotesThis is a Reissue from 1974-1977 with a right-facing goat on the labels and "Capricorn Records" directly above the spindle hole.
Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Pitman pressing denoted by "P" in runouts
Recorded at Capricorn Sound Studios, Macon, Georgia
"© 1974 Capricorn Records Inc." inside gatefold.
"Ⓟ 1973 Capricorn Records Inc." on labels.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A etched [P, stamped]): P CP-0112-40436-RE1-1C
- Matrix / Runout (Side B stamped [P, stamped): P CP-0112-40437
- Rights Society: BMI
|CP 0112||The Marshall Tucker Band||The Marshall Tucker Band (LP, Album, San)||Capricorn Records||CP 0112||US||1973|
|DK 31518||The Marshall Tucker Band||The Marshall Tucker Band (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Shout! Factory||DK 31518||US||2004|
|CP 0112||The Marshall Tucker Band||The Marshall Tucker Band (LP, Album, RP, Ter)||Capricorn Records||CP 0112||US||Unknown|
|WBLP 5.050||The Marshall Tucker Band||The Marshall Tucker Band (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records Inc.||WBLP 5.050||Brazil||1973|
|A 618-4||The Marshall Tucker Band||The Marshall Tucker Band (Cass, Album)||AJK Music||A 618-4||US||1987|